Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cameraless Assignment Experiment

This assignment was honestly my favorite of the entire class. And that is saying something. I love editing, and the fact that the one project I fell in love with had nothing to do with technology surprised me. In hindsight, this is exactly why assignment one felt so interesting. It was actually my first time holding, and dealing with film stock. The notion that I created an 'Avant-Guard'ish film with nothing but carefully cut plastic, a few chemicals, light, and the arts and crafts supplies I found in my apartment is an awesome thing to ponder. I also loved the fact that I could actually take a physical representation of my film home. I now have the roll of camera less film in a donut under my bed. Instead of simply being able to show someone the digital copy of the final project I can show them where the images come from, and explain the process. It is an amazing feeling that only a film major would geek out about. :) Long story short, I am thrilled to have had this opportunity, and will remember it for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment